Friday, April 16, 2010

Volcanoes and Rain

Megan and I were supposed to be together by now but because of the erupting volcano she will not be getting here until the end of next week. Hopefully. Because she is loosing a week, we have decided to stay an extra week in Nairobi and a few extra days in London. I have yet to come here and stick with my original ticket date.

Peter went in for another chemo treatment on Tuesday and got out of the hospital yesterday. As soon as we get in the hospital he is ready to leave. He is doing really well right now. He had to move back to the house a week ago because he had a rash and they thought it might be chicken pox. It wasn't, but his white blood cell count was low anyway so it was best that he stay at the house to help his count go up. Peter moved in with the Pastor for the time being and James moved back to Cheryl's. Kieren is in Tsavo for the week so I am at the house alone from today until Monday. John and George, the security guys, are here, and so is Carol, so I am not totally alone.

I was just thinking the other day that for the rainy season it has not rained much. The rains here come as quickly as they go. Which is to say, very quickly. It has rained here at least once a day for the past week. Every time I walk outside after the rain it is a challenge to not slip on the mud or step in a puddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment